Addiction is a complex disease that affects not only the physical and psychological well-being of an individual but their spiritual health as well. In order for treatment to be effective, all aspects of an individual should be addressed. That is why holistic therapy is such an important part of addiction treatment. Holistic therapy looks beyond traditional methods to help individuals heal and recover from the effects of drug or alcohol abuse on both the body and mind.
At Apex Recovery Nashville, we offer a comprehensive holistic therapy program that helps those in our care develop strategies for long-term recovery. Focusing on the ways that the mind, body, and spirit are connected ensures that clients can work through any underlying causes of addiction and learn healthy coping skills for the future.
What Is Holistic Therapy?
Holistic therapy is an approach to mental health care that emphasizes treating the person as a whole rather than treating particular symptoms or illnesses. Holistic therapy focuses on the connection between the mind, body, and spirit and seeks to establish harmony between them.
Some of the approaches and techniques that can be part of holistic therapy include:
- Art therapy
- Massage therapy
- Nutritional counseling
These approaches help participants reconnect with themselves, gain insight into their emotional and physical needs, and learn how to address them in a healthy way.
How a Holistic Approach Supports Addiction Recovery
For individuals living with addiction, holistic therapy can be an incredibly powerful tool for healing. Holistic therapy encourages participants to understand and explore the underlying emotions or experiences that may have led them to develop unhealthy coping mechanisms, such as drug or alcohol abuse.
The Benefits of Holistic Therapy
Just a few of the benefits of our holistic addiction treatment program include:
- Healing from the inside out – Holistic therapy addresses the underlying issues that contribute to addiction, such as stress, anxiety, depression, and trauma.
- Improved mental and emotional well-being – By incorporating a range of therapies for addiction recovery, such as cognitive-behavioral therapy and mindfulness, people undergoing treatment can improve their overall mental and emotional well-being, which plays a significant role in their recovery progress.
- Greater self-awareness – Holistic therapy helps participants gain greater awareness of their physical, emotional and spiritual well-being, which enables them to better understand their past behaviors.
- Focus on the individual – Holistic therapy is personalized to the individual’s unique needs and circumstances.
- Long-lasting results – Holistic therapy provides lasting results and teaches clients to manage and monitor their overall wellbeing to maintain a fulfilling life.
- Reduced risk of relapse – By treating not just the addiction but also the underlying cause of the addiction, holistic therapy reduces the risk of relapse.
At Apex Recovery Nashville, we understand that addiction is a deeply personal journey, and each individual’s journey is unique. We provide an environment where our clients can feel safe and supported in their recovery journey. Through holistic therapy, clients can find a new path to a better life.
Call Apex Recovery Nashville Today to Get Started
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, call Apex Recovery Nashville today for a personalized treatment plan that addresses the root cause of the addiction. Our holistic therapy program in Nashville offers the support you need to build a better future.
We offer both residential and outpatient care in order to help clients at every step of their recovery journey. Don’t wait any longer to get the help you need— call Apex Recovery Nashville today at 615.703.4639 or reach out to our team online to begin your journey.