Addiction can take many forms. While alcohol and drug addiction, also known as substance use disorders (SUDs), is what most people think of when they hear the word “addiction,” there are also behavioral addictions, also known as process addictions. These types of addictions are just as serious as substance use disorders, and they can have potentially devastating effects on a person’s quality of life. Apex Recovery Nashville offers behavioral addiction treatment programs that support clients who are working to overcome addictions to gambling, shopping, video games, sex, and other behaviors.
Our addiction treatment programs in Nashville support clients as they build healthy coping skills and work toward sustainable recovery. Call 615.703.4639 today to begin your journey with the support of our experienced team.
What Are Behavioral Addictions?
Behavioral addictions are a form of addiction in which a person becomes compulsively involved in an activity or behavior despite the negative consequences it may cause. The urge to engage in the behavior becomes so strong that it can interfere with daily life, relationships, and responsibilities. Behavioral addictions can involve a wide range of activities and are often characterized by impulsive behaviors.
Examples of process addictions include:
- Video games
- Eating disorders
- Exercise addiction
- Internet or social media addiction
- Work addiction
Starting on the path to recovery can be daunting, but reaching out for help from our behavioral addiction treatment program is the first start to getting your life back on track.
Is Treatment for Behavioral Addictions Different from Treatment for SUDs?
In many ways, treating behavioral addictions is similar to treating substance use disorders. Both involve the brain reward system and can lead to changes in behavior, mood, and thinking. However, there are also some important differences. For example, detoxification is not necessary for behavioral addictions since there are no physical withdrawal symptoms. Instead, treatment may involve a combination of therapy, medication, and lifestyle changes to help clients overcome their addictive behaviors.
What to Expect in Our Behavioral Addiction Treatment Program
At Apex Recovery Nashville, we take a holistic approach to treating behavioral addictions. Our treatment programs are designed to address the root causes of addiction and provide clients with the tools they need to achieve lasting recovery. When you enter our program, you can expect to receive the following:
- Comprehensive assessment and evaluation – We will conduct a thorough evaluation to assess your individual needs and determine the most appropriate course of treatment.
- Psychotherapy – We use evidence-based therapies such as cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) and dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) to help clients identify negative thought patterns and learn healthier coping strategies.
- Group therapy – We offer supportive group sessions to foster connection and support among our clients.
- Family therapy – We provide family therapy sessions to help you create a healing environment and repair relationships with loved ones.
- Care for co-occurring conditions – We provide integrated care for co-occurring mental health conditions such as depression, anxiety, and post-traumatic stress disorder.
Recovery starts at Apex Recovery Nashville. Connect with our team today and start building a life of freedom from addiction.
Reach Out to Apex Recovery Nashville Today to Get Started
If you or a loved one is struggling with a behavioral addiction, don’t wait to seek help. At Apex Recovery Nashville, we are committed to helping our clients achieve lasting recovery and reclaim their lives.
Behavioral addictions don’t have to take over your life. With the help of our experienced team, you can start on the path to lasting recovery. Our treatment programs meet you where you are and help you get to where you need to be, whether that’s long-term sobriety or a life of recovery.