Bipolar disorder is a complex mental health condition that can impact your mood, energy levels, behavior, and relationships. It is characterized by alternating periods of depression and mania that can range from mild to severe. For many, bipolar disorder and addiction are often intertwined. Self-medicating with drugs or alcohol can lead to the development of a substance use disorder, making it more difficult to manage bipolar symptoms effectively.
At Apex Recovery Nashville, our experienced team of mental health professionals offers comprehensive and individualized treatment for bipolar disorder that incorporates evidence-based therapies, personalized care plans, and holistic services. Every step of the way, we’ll support you as you overcome challenges and cheer on your progress.
Bipolar Disorder and Addiction
Bipolar disorder often begins to present itself in the teenage years, when many people experiment with drugs and alcohol. The symptoms of bipolar disorder can be difficult to distinguish from the effects of abuse or addiction. As a result, people often self-medicate or make incorrect diagnoses that may lead to further complications down the road.
A few of the signs of bipolar disorder and addiction co-occurring include:
- Experiencing rapid mood swings between mania and depression
- Using drugs or alcohol to try and achieve balance in your life
- Struggling to adhere to treatment recommendations related to mental health or substance use disorders
- Neglecting responsibilities in favor of drug or alcohol use
If you are struggling with bipolar disorder and addiction, understanding how both conditions impact your life is essential for successful recovery.
How Can Bipolar Disorder Treatment Support Recovery?
At Apex Recovery Nashville, we offer a specialized treatment program that understands how bipolar disorder and addiction are interconnected. In our program, we offer a combination of therapeutic interventions, including individual and group therapy, medication-assisted treatment, and holistic therapies. Our team of mental health professionals and addiction specialists will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that meets your individual needs. We understand the challenges of living with bipolar disorder and addiction, and our treatment program emphasizes staying engaged in your treatment and offering ongoing support to help you achieve and maintain recovery.
Benefits of Our Bipolar Disorder Treatment Program in Nashville
Just a few of the benefits of our approach to treatment include:
- Comprehensive psychiatric care – Our program offers structured psychiatric care that includes medication-assisted treatment and personalized therapy sessions.
- Individualized treatment plans – We tailor our treatment plans to meet each individual’s unique needs, including their diagnosis and any co-occurring disorders.
- Evidence-based therapies – Our bipolar disorder treatment program includes evidence-based therapies like cognitive-behavioral therapy and dialectical behavior therapy.
- Group therapy sessions – We offer group therapy sessions to help our clients connect with peers and gain support and encouragement throughout treatment.
- Continuing support – We offer ongoing support, counseling, and alumni services to ensure our clients continue to succeed in their recovery after treatment.
- Safe and supportive environment – Our bipolar disorder program provides a safe and supportive environment for individuals to focus on their recovery and address their mental health concerns.
At every turn, we strive to create a positive and uplifting environment for our clients—one that emphasizes hope, resilience, and strength.
Reach Out to Apex Recovery Nashville Today
If you or someone you love needs help with bipolar disorder and addiction, Apex Recovery Nashville is here for you. Our specialized bipolar disorder treatment center is designed to support your recovery in a safe and supportive environment. Our compassionate staff members will work with you to develop an individualized treatment plan that meets your specific needs and goals. Contact us today by calling 615.703.4639 or reach out online to learn more about our bipolar disorder treatment program and take the first step toward a healthier, happier life.