There are many factors that affect substance use, which means that there can be more than one way to approach recovery. For some people, single-gender addiction treatment programs are the best route. In a men’s rehab center, you may find that being around other men in a supportive and safe environment is the clearest path toward recovery.
Learn about Apex Recovery Nashville’s men’s rehab program by reaching out by phone at 615.703.4639 or by connecting with us online. We can answer your questions about the evidence-based therapies provided in our men’s rehab center, all of which help ensure successful sobriety outcomes.
Why Choose a Men’s Rehab Program?
Men and women face different pressures from society. Some of the expectations placed on men impact their experiences with substance use issues and recovery. Men may feel pressure to remain in control or to avoid appearing weak, so even admitting to a drug or alcohol dependence can be challenging.
Some of the factors men face that can make men-only treatment ideal include:
- Pressure to engage in risky behavior, including using drugs and drinking at a young age
- Pressure to flout convention, such as engaging in drug and alcohol use in public settings
- Linking alcohol and drug use to personal value as a man
- Greater risk of drug and alcohol binges
- Shaming for resisting societal pressures to drink, do drugs, or engage in risky behaviors
- Pressure to appear above normal emotions, invulnerable, and strong
Men’s self-esteem is often directly linked, due to the way they are socialized, to squelching emotions, succeeding professionally, being independent, not needing support, and other factors that are not innately human and should not be imposed on anyone.
Alcohol and drug use can briefly boost feelings of potency, strength, self-esteem, and toughness. Ultimately, of course, addiction erodes most aspects of the self, leaving men in a difficult, often seemingly impossible, situation.
A men’s addiction treatment center can provide the needed safe space and support to heal old wounds and it will also teach important skills—including the skill to be vulnerable and ask for help.
Benefits of a Men’s Addiction Treatment Center
You will experience numerous positives in a men’s rehab center. Some of those are listed below:
- Safety and comfort – In a setting where men feel completely comfortable, you can openly discuss things that need to be explored in order to heal and begin recovery, such as fears, insecurities, and relationships.
- Freedom from unrealistic expectations – In a rehab setting for men, you will be able to be vulnerable without artificial societally imposed constraints.
- Common ground – In a single-gender addiction treatment program, you can focus on the specific experiences shared by men. This allows for strong bonding to take place more quickly, which leads to better communication.
- Communication – Free and open communication based on shared experiences and common traits and pressures will amplify the positive effects of rehab.
- Judgment-free – We don’t like to think of men and women as judging one another, but the fear of that happening, real or not, is extremely limiting. Without the expectation of being judged, you can operate with more honesty, trust, and vulnerability, all of which are constructive for your recovery.
- Positive outcomes – The long-term success of rehab is increased when treatment is tailored to the needs of individual clients.
Learn more about how Apex Recovery Nashville’s men’s rehab program can support you on your journey back to health and sobriety.
Reach Out to Apex Recovery Nashville for a Men's Addiction Treatment Center
In our men’s rehab program, you will have access to a comprehensive range of evidence-based treatments, from proven psychiatric and therapeutic modalities to whole-person therapies like acupuncture and massage therapy.
Our goal is to provide you with the absolute best care possible as you begin your recovery. From medical detox through discharge and ongoing alumni services, Apex Recovery Nashville has your back. Call us today at 615.703.4639 or simply complete this online form.